Get amidst the action on aboard your own private boat- private and shared charters available
Sydney Harbour is the centre of action for Australia’s national day and Sydney Harbour will take centre stage again for this years festivities.
What better way to join in the fun than being right among the action on one of our water taxis, water buses or water limousines. We have private and shared boat charters available.
We offer private and shared charters and have one of the most diverse fleets on Sydney Harbour. Our vessels can comfortably seat small or large groups of passengers ranging from 1 – 150 passengers. Our water limousines are regularly used by many VIPs visiting Sydney as well as local celebrities, politicians and CEOs who want to enjoy the harbour in comfort, style and privacy. If you want to enjoy the Australia Day festivities with a large group of friends then our water buses are perfect for this. They provide a comfortale and smooth rise and have an enclosed, fully carpeted interior cabin. Our water taxis are zippy, exciting vessels which can quickly and safely get you around anywhere on Sydney Harbour.They can carry up to 12 passengers and feature a large rear deck so you can take in the sights and sounds of Sydney Harbour. All vessels provide protection from the elements (sun or rain). For more information on our boats, click here »
For more information & bookings
The Australia Day 2015 events on Sydney Harbour include:
- Salute to Australia
- Cruising concert
- Australia Day harbour parade
- Athol Bay playground
- Tug and yacht ballet
- WugulOra indigenous ceremony
- Tall ships race
- P & O cruise ships
- Australia Day regatta
- Red Berets Australian Army parachute display
- Great Australian Swim series final
- Russian Roolettes
Harbour Exclusion Zones
When planning your day on the Harbour for Australia Day you should be aware of changed harbour conditions to ensure your day is hassle-free. There will be a 30 minute harbour closure and special exclusion zones throughout the day.
- The water between the Sydney Opera House and the Sydney Harbour Bridge will be closed to all traffic from 11:45am till 12:15pm for the Salute to Australia.
- A 50 metre exclusion zone applies around ferries competing in the Ferrython and tall ships competing in the Tall Ship Race.
- A 30 metre exclusion zone applies around the three P&O Cruise ships moored in the harbour and the HMAS CANBERRA, all boats are to stay well clear when the HMAS CANBERRA is underway.
- Farm Cove will be closed to vessels for the Great Australian Swim Series Final from 8.30-10.30am
- Cockle Bay (Darling Harbour) will be closed to private craft from 10am until 11.30pm, and closed to all craft from 5pm.