All Water Taxis Combined Water Taxi bookings, charters, journeys and transfers are subject to the terms & conditions detailed below. These terms & conditions include any partners and or sub-contractors used by Water Taxis Combined
To secure a confirmed booking, Water Taxis Combined require credit card details in advance, which will be debited 1 working day before the scheduled reservation.
Water Taxis Combined reserves the right to charge the credit card supplied by the customer in lieu of a deposit or for any fees due that have not been paid on board including waiting time, extra passengers, cancellations or any variations to pick-up or destination points.
All cancellations must be received by email or phone to Water Taxis Combined. The booking reference number must be quoted by the customer. Cancellation is not effective until the customer receives confirmation of the booking cancellation from Water Taxis Combined.
If cancellation occurs on the same day of the confirmed booking, Water Taxis Combined will charge 100% of the quoted fare to the nominated credit card.
If cancellation occurs one day prior to the confirmed booking date, Water Taxis Combined will charge 50% of the quoted fare to the nominated credit card.
If cancellation occurs within 30 days of the confirmed booking day for New Years Eve, New Years Day & Boxing Day, Water Taxis Combined will charge 100% of the quoted fare to the nominated credit card.
Any public holiday or special event day such as Australia Day, Valentines Day and all other gazetted public holidays or special harbour event days are cancelled within 7 days prior to confirmed booking then Water Taxis Combined will charge 100% of the quoted fare.
If cancellation occurs within 14 days of the confirmed booking date for all DECEMBER BOOKINGS, Water Taxis Combined will charge 100% of the quoted fare to the nominated credit card.
When bookings are quoted & confirmed for an immediate pick-up or within the hour but then cancelled while Water Taxis Combined is en-route to the pick-up location, the full quoted fare is payable and credit card details must be supplied.
Amendments to Bookings (on day of travel)
If you need to change a confirmed booking time for either a departure or return you must notify Water Taxis Combined by phone at least 45 mins in advance of the confirmed booking time. Failure to notify Water Taxis Combined will accrue waiting time fees @ $5.00 per minute.
Water Taxis Combined will endeavor to accommodate amendments to bookings such as travel times or locations of pick-ups & drop-offs wherever possible however, this is subject to the existing schedule. If changes are not possible and the confirmed booking is cancelled the customer is subject to our cancellations policy and 100% of the quoted fare will be charged to the nominated credit card.
Water Taxis Combined fares are calculated on the number of passengers for which the trip is booked and confirmed or the number of passengers who travel, whichever is greater.
Water Taxis Combined offers a 5 min waiting time grace period after which a $5.00 per minute waiting fee will be charged. To avoid waiting fees, please ensure you and your guests are on time and ready for departure at the agreed time.
Water Taxis Combined cannot guarantee that your water taxi will be able to wait if you are late.
Wherever possible Water Taxis Combined will endeavour to wait up to 15 mins after the confirmed booking time. If a customer fails to show up for a confirmed booking time, Water Taxis Combined will consider that to be a no show and 100% of the confirmed booking fare will be charged to the nominated credit card.
In the event that Water Taxis Combined need to cancel its services because of safety concerns for its passengers due to dangerous weather condtions, a full refund will be supplied to the customer and Water Taxis Combined will not be held liable for any loses incurred by the customer.
Mechanical Failure / Breakdowns
Due to the rare circumstance of vessel breakdown, Water Taxis Combined will endeavour to supply a replacement vessel as soon as possible and cannot be held liable for any loses incurred by the customer.
- Smoking is not permitted at any time on our vessels.
- Passengers who are drunk, unruly or under the influence of illicit drugs will be refused passage on our vessels.
- All decisions regarding safety are at the skipper’s discretion and all decisions are final – this includes but is not limited to decisions regarding:
o Vessel speed
o Vessel course
o Wharf use and selection
o Vessel – to – Vessel transfers
o Passenger numbers
- Any trip which is cut short or cancelled due to a safety issue not caused by WTC, or which does not go ahead due to drunk, unruly or drug affected passengers, shall be charged at 100% of the quoted fare.
Online Quotation Calculator
The online quotation does not apply for Special Event Days or Public Holidays. Such as but not limited to, New Years Eve, Boxing Day, Australia Day or any other public holiday or special event day. This also applies to bookings outside our regular trading hours of 8.30am to 10.30pm. For travel outside the times given please contact our office direct on 9555 8888.
New Years Eve
No booking is confirmed until credit card details are held on file or an EFT payment is received in advance.
Where bookings are confirmed at least 3 days ahead of 31st December, payment must be made in advance by EFT or credit card.
Where bookings are confirmed two days ahead, the day before, or on the 31st of December, payment must be made by credit card. EFT payment is not available for bookings confirmed two days or fewer in advance of 31st December.
We do not accept cash payments on NYE or credit card payments on board our boats – all bookings must be paid for through the booking office.
We can only wait 5 minutes for latecomers – please arrive ahead of schedule to avoid disappointment.
No refunds are available for NYE bookings once a booking has been confirmed.
NYE is a busy night on the water and things can go wrong. If we are running late we will call you on the mobile phone supplied to us at the time of booking and advise you of an updated estimated time of arrival. We cannot be held responsible for lateness on our part as it is caused by other passengers, other boats and general traffic on the harbour.
Vessel to Vessel Transfers
Bookings for a transfer to/from another vessel are accepted on the understanding that a firm quote for price cannot be offered. The final price is based on the location of the other vessel at the time we collect/drop off relative to Circular Quay and/or the destination/pickup location on land. Waiting time is payable when the other vessel operator makes a decision to delay the transfer or if the passenger is preoccupied on board. As a general guide, vessel transfers for 4pax or fewer which pickup/drop off at Circular Quay will range between $150 and $200 and transfers for 4pax or fewer which pickup/drop off at Darling Harbour will range between $150 and $250. The nominated credit card will be debited $150 before departure and the applicable adjustment will be completed after the transfer is complete.
Damage to Vessels
Any damage to the vessel or vessels equipment caused by a passenger will be charged to the booking organisers nominated credit card.
Destination is a surprise
If the destination of your transfer is a surprise you must advise the booking co-ordinator before departure. Ph 02 9555-8888
General Terms & Conditions
In these terms and conditions
- ‘Company’ means ‘Water Taxis Combined’ and where context requires, its employees or agents
- ‘Passengers’ means any person or persons on the trip by virtue of this ticket
- The Passenger acknowledges that during the trip the vessel will be and remain under the complete control of the Company and that the direction and control of the vessel and it’s crew is at all times the sole responsibility of the Master.
- The Passenger acknowledges that the Master has sole and absolute discretion to vary the scheduled route or destination of the trip if for any reason the Master considers it necessary for the safety, welfare and good order of the vessel, it’s passengers and crew.
- The passenger acknowledges that the Master of the vessel has the sole and absolute discretion at all times to take whatever action is necessary to protect and maintain the safety, welfare and the good order of the vessel, it’s passengers and crew.
The company reserves the right to
- Substitute any other vessel other that the one designated for the trip (including a vessel not owned by the company) provided that the substituted vessel is of similar type and includes similar facilities to the vessel named in the trip
- Cancel or abandon the trip including during the cause thereof, if the Company or Master considers in its or his sole and absolute discretion that the said substitution or cancellation is necessary for reasons of weather, equipment failure or in the interest of the safety and wellbeing of the vessel, it’s passengers and crew and the Company will not be liable for any loss or expense incurred by the passenger caused by such situation or cancellation.
- The Company is not liable for any death, loss, damage or injury to any person or property which occurs and is attributable to or associated with
o Failure to follow any reasonable direction given by the Master and / or crew of the vessel
o Failure to comply with any conditions of this contract
o Failure to comply with any warning signs
o Unreasonable or unsafe behavior
o Willful misuse of the equipment or facilities of the vessel
o Intoxication of the use of prohibited drugs
- The Passenger hereby expressly agrees to indemnify the Company to the extent allowed by law for any claim whatsoever and howsoever incurred including but not limited to any claim for death or bodily injury or damage or loss of property to the Passenger or belonging to the Passenger during embarkation and / or disembarkation to or from the vessel and / or at all times whilst on board the vessel itself, unless caused by willful misconduct or reckless disregard of the Company.
- In the event of breach of any of the above mentioned terms by the Company, or a failure in whole or in part to provide any service that the Company contracted to provide (either expressly or by implication), the consequence of the said breach shall not be deemed to be termination of this contract. The Passengers remedy for any such breach of any term shall be limited only to the contractual value of the performance of service or obligation that was not performed by the Company, or alternatively part value of the service and / or obligation or part thereof that is the subject of any claim. The Company shall not be liable for any loss or damage to property or personal injury or for any indirect special or consequential damages sustained by the Passenger or any other person wheather a guest or invitee of the Passenger or not arising out of or in conjunction with the trip unless caused by the willful misconduct or reckless disregard of the Company.
Passengers must not bring any liquor or alcoholic beverages on the vessel
- All personal belongings will be your own responsibility. Where consumer laws and other laws permits us to exclude our liability, we will not be liable for loss or damage to any luggage, property or other belongings. The passenger releases Water Taxis Combined, its crew and personnel from any claim and liability incurred.